Welcome to The Educator’s inaugural Higher Education Hot List.
Across Australia, higher education professionals are among a global community driving cutting-edge research, innovation and positive change. Together, they share the critical responsibility of ensuring all students get the highest quality educational experiences so they can become successful and inspired graduates.
However, some are going above and beyond to have a game-changing impact on Australia’s higher education landscape.
So, without further ado, we introduce you to 30 individuals at the cutting edge of educational excellence in Australia.
Higher Education Hot List 2019 winners
- Alan Bain: Associate professor, faculty of Arts and Education, Charles Sturt University
- Melissa Banks: Pro vice-chancellor, International, James Cook University
- Phil Bland: Professor; director of Space Science and Technology Centre, Curtin University
- Mike Brooks: Deputy vice-chancellor and vice-president (research) University of Adelaide
- Sally Burt: Policy and research manager, Independent Higher Education Australia
- Angela Carbone: Associate dean (learning innovation) at the faculty of science, engineering and technology, Swinburne University of Technology
- Paul Chandler: Pro vice-chancellor (inclusion and outreach), University of Wollongong (UOW)
- Joan Cooper: Chair of academic board, TAFE NSW Higher Education
- Suzi Derbyshire: Deputy vice-chancellor (learning and teaching), Queensland University of Technology
- Calum Drummond: Deputy vice-chancellor for research and innovation; vice president, RMIT University.
- John Fahey: Chancellor, Australian Catholic University
- Margaret Gardner: president; vice-chancellor, Monash University
- Paul Glasziou: Director of the Institute for Evidence-Based Healthcare, Bond University
- Daryll Hull: Professor, co-director of the Centre for Workforce Futures, Macquarie Business School
- Elizabeth Johnson: Deputy vice-chancellor education, Deakin University
- Newell Johnson: Emeritus professor, Griffith University
- Gary Lee: Professor, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, Internal Medicine, University of Western Australia
- Simon Maddocks: Vice-chancellor; president, Charles Darwin University
- Duncan Maskell: Vice-chancellor, University of Melbourne
- Colin Marshall: Director of campus life, Federation University Australia
- Nick McGuigan: Associate professor, Accounting, Monash Business School
- Ronika Power: Associate professor of bioarchaeology, Macquarie University
- David Robinson: Professor; MBA convenor; QLD academic head, Holmes Institute
- Brian Schmidt: Vice-chancellor, Australian National University (ANU)
- Sue Thompson: Deputy CEO (research), Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER)
- Isaac Santos: Professor, Southern Cross University
- Michelle Simmons: Director at the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology, UNSW
- Peter N Varghese: Chancellor, University of Queensland
- Branka Vucetic: Director of the Internet of Things (IoT) and Telecommunications Laboratory, Faculty of Engineering, University of Sydney
- Alex Zelinsky: Vice-chancellor; president (chair), University of Newcastle