Kieran Nolan, Wooranna Park Primary School
Kieran Nolan’s technical guidance has been instrumental in preparing Wooranna Park Primary School for remote learning (even prior to COVID-19) and in introducing innovations in EdTech.
Nolan has provided support for families to stay connected and learn from home, by:
- developing RocketShoes, an educational platform that allows learners to produce and keep track of their own learning materials, including assignments, notes, and digital assets; and organisations to manage very large amounts of content
- working with students to build computers from scratch and upgrade old computers during the COVID-19 period to give them experience with hardware, while at the same time, making 12 new conferencing stations around the school for remote learning
- organising online donations via Twitter to support one family that had been going through hardship and homelessness during COVID-19, with funds used to supply the family with internet via a smartphone, a laptop for student work, and Uber eats credit for food.
- ongoing development of new internet Web 3; GitHub, a code hosting platform for version control and collaboration; as well as all sorts of professional websites
- implementation of a Minecraft CoderDojo so students can continue their coding lessons online.
- initiating a lightning network 12 word seed hunt for students at WPPS and other schools, to encouraged literacy in a fun way and invoke financial literacy and elements of blockchain education.