The travel bans and border closures resulting from the coronavirus outbreak have restricted the entry of foreigners in Australia, posing a great challenge for international students who want to continue their education.
In response, the University of Adelaide has expanded its program offerings for Trimester 3 to allow foreign students who are currently overseas and unable to return to campus to resume their studies.
The courses, which will be available for September intake, will be offered in trimester mode for 2020 commencements only.
The University has put in place several support mechanisms, including peer networks, academic monitoring, and additional English language assistance, to provide students a smooth transition.
Professor Jacqueline Lo, Pro Vice-Chancellor (International), described the efforts taken by the University to continue to deliver quality education during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Staff have worked tirelessly to ensure students have been able to stay engaged with their studies, and education has continued to make a positive contribution to people’s lives during the global pandemic,” she said.
Michael Aust, Director of International Recruitment, explained that the program was designed with international students affected by the coronavirus crisis in mind.
“As students from many countries have had their exams and/or results delayed, many students would not have received these by the Semester 2 intake. Offering Semester 2 programs in a Trimester 3 mode means they don’t need to wait until 2021 to start their program’’ he said.
“Students will be able to make a head start on their studies before joining the main cohort in semester mode from Semester 1, 2021, irrespective of whether borders are open or closed.”
Here’s the full list of programs available for a Trimester 3 intake:
- Bachelor of Commerce (with Majors)
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Accounting and Corporate Finance
- Bachelor of Business (Global)
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Business Management and Accounting
- Bachelor of Corporate Finance
- Bachelor of Finance
- Bachelor of International Business
- Bachelor of Marketing
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Master of Accounting
- Master of Finance
- Master of Finance and Business Economics
- Master of Accounting and Finance
- Master of Accounting and Marketing
- Master of Commerce (coursework)
- Master of Computing and Innovation
- Master of Wine Business
- MBA (Entrepreneurship)
- MBA (International Trade & Development)
- MBA (Marketing)
- MBA (Project Management)
- MBA (Wine Business)
- Master of Global Food and Agricultural business
- Master of International Management
- Master of Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Applied Project Management
- Master of Marketing
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of International Trade & Development
Students can visit the University of Adelaide’s official website for the complete details.